At 10:15 AM Saturday, 8/27/2005, Kemin Zhou wrote -=>
Ed Kasky wrote:

Running MySql 4.1.14 on RedHat 7.2

I just upgraded from 4.1.13 to 4.1.14 and was am experiencing problems using the mysql client.

# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u root

Your MySQL connection id is 34 to server version: 4.1.14-log

mysql>  \h
Segmentation fault

I had similar problems before. It was caused by older version of client. Once client is updated this problem goes away. This problem has also occured to me when I use InnoDB instead of the defaul
table type.

For later case, I make a copy of the innoDB into the regular type, then the problem seem to goes away.
Hope my experience will help you.

Hmmm... I wonder why the client would not have been updated. I checked the version and could have sworn it was 4.1.14 as well.

I have only converted a test table to InnoB - the rest are MyISAM.

I will re-run the install (I use the src distro) and see if the client does not get updated.

Ed Kasky
~~~~~~~~~
Randomly Generated Quote (462 of 487):
We are born naked and hungry and it's down hill from there.