JM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/01/2005 06:01:57 AM:

> Hi all,
>
>    Ive read this link "http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/gone-away.
> html" hoping
> this has something to do with the error...
>
>    Ive already checked based on the page the list of roots of error
> to produce
> gone-away.. w/c i hope leads to " Lost connection to MySQL server during

> query " and non of it is present.
>
>    One thing Ive noticed.  When I tried connecting using mysql
> client from web
> server to my DB box its takes time before mysql console shows-up after
giving
> the password.
>    Client and Server are connected through a LAN.
>
>    Based on ping an average of .1 ms reply..
>
> tia,

OK, we have the error message (good). We know what you have looked at to
solve the error (also good). What we don't have is what you did to create
the error in the first place.

Please describe what you are doing to create the error, the data you are
doing it with, and the tools involved in both ends of the process. Then we
can understand your problem.

Thanks!

Shawn Green
Database Administrator