Hello,

My apologies for repeating a question asked earlier[1] but the
question and the answer were a little vague:

Does the number of tables in a database affect MySQL's performance?
Specifically, if I have a database with 1,000 tables in it, will it
be slower than usual due to the number of tables?  What about a
database with 10,000 or 100,000 tables?

As one section of the MySQL manual points out[2]: "If you have many
MyISAM or ISAM tables in a database directory, open, close, and
create operations are slow".  But what about INNODB?  And are there
table engine-independent implementation details which might cause
performance problems for a database with many tables?

Thanks,
Chris

[1] http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/174461
[2] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/creating-many-tables.html