Salvador Casquero Algarra wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>             I am having a terrible problem with MySQL and I am desperated as
> nobody seems to find the source. I have a Web site ( www.genteirc.com )
> whith MySQL database access. The problem is that those Mysql processes are
> growing continuously until they consume all of the memory ( 2 Gigas  ). I
> include at the end of the message two files that we have captured just
> before the reboot of the
> machine. Somebody is saying that MySQL doesn´t work with Intel
> multiprocessors and his solutions is to remove one of the proccesors ¿¿??.
> Can you please help me ?.
>
> Thanks very much in advanced.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Salvador

Hi,

I ran into problems (index corruptions under high loads) on a bipro Intel
server and the problem disappeared when I rebooted with a uniprocessor
Linux kernel (hopefully, no need to physically remove a processor).
I got this problems with MySQL 3.23.30. I haven't tried latest version yet.

However, your problem seems totally different, my server has also 2G RAM
and has never run out of memory (a little bit more than 1G is actually used)
with more than 350 threads (active connections).

Since you don't give much information on your server configuration and
usage, it is hard to help you. What are your operating system, kernel version,
MySQL version, my.cnf file ? Are you running other apps on this machine
or is it dedicated to MySQL ?

BTW, I have you tried to find out why your SELECT are Locked ?

Regards
--
Joseph Bueno
NetClub/Trader.com