Hi Clint,

Another possibility is to actually run the mysql client with a --html
option and let mysql do the work for you

eg : prompt $ echo "SELECT some_stuff FROM table" | mysql -u xyz -pxxx
--html

This generates a block of html for a table with the data encapsulated
within, then it is just a matter of capturing the output and putting it
in the html stream. You can also generate xml the same way.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator
HP Managed Services