Dave wrote:

  The situation:
While trying to copy data over from one table to another, I have encountered the following error:
#1241 - Operand should contain 1 column(s)

   The query that I used which led to this error was this:
INSERT INTO forum_members( dateRegistered, realName, ID_MEMBER, memberName, emailAddress, active, keitai, number, admin, cardpic, cardbio, hofpic, hofbio, nickname, contactMe, showMe, websiteUrl ) SELECT ( UNIX_TIMESTAMP( joindate ) , CONCAT_WS( ' ', firstname, lastname ) , id, username, email, active, keitai, number, admin, cardpic, cardbio, hofpic, hofbio, nickname, contactMe, showMe, website )
FROM members

Have you tried removing the brackets ( ) from around the fields in the SELECT part of the query? i.e.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s