Hi!

Eli wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible, or probably will be possible, to define indexes spanned on more than one table?

Short answer: AFAIK, it isn't, and it probably will never be.

I mean that if I have column col_a from table tbl_A, and col_b from table tbl_B.. Can I define a KEY with both those columns? Where will the index be saved?

It seems you got a misconception about the purpose(s) of an index:

1) It is used to speed up searches, to allow direct access avoiding scans.

2) It is a means to support integrity constraints ("unique", "foreign key", ...).

For neither of these I see a reason to have values of more than one table in an index.

If you see it different, please describe.

Jörg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com