Well currently MySQL is set up in the default dir of /var/lib/mysql and
soft links to the database data residing on another partition
/DATA/<dbname>.

Should I maybe specify:

innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/iblogs/

I have about 9 gig available on /var so 1.5 gig of logs shouldn't be too
bad.

> Even if you don't do this and run out of space, you just have
> to add more add data files and a restart the server.
>
> And for 2G RAM, its better to limit the
> innodb_bufferpool_size to 1G. You can also look at the
> query_cache_size parameter and try tuning that by running
> some load tests.
>
> Apart from that everything is looking fine for me
>
> sujay

/ibdata/ibdata1:2G;/ibdata/ibdata2:50M:autoextend:max:2G