From: Robert Citek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:28 PM
To: MySQL
Subject: Access, ODBC, Oracle, MySQL

Is there a way to query data where one table is in an Oracle database
and another is in a MySQL database?

We have two projects.  One project is entirely in Oracle 9i on an MS
Windows 2000 server and the other is in MySQL 4.1 on Linux.  It isn't
worth our time at this point to migrate entirely to one or the other.
So I was wondering if there is a way to query data from two tables,
where one table was in one database and the other table in another?

Currently, I have hacked together a perl script which does what I need.
But this is not a long-term solution.  So we are looking for other
strategies.  One strategy would be to be to use ODBC drivers
and MS Access to link the two tables within an MS Access database.
Another strategy would be to link the Oracle tables into MySQL, but I
don't know if that can be done.  Any other strategies?  Pointers to
documents or search terms gladly accepted as my current searches
returned a lot of hits but nothing useful, unless I missed it.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS for Windows,
Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent