Hi Martijn, all!

Martijn van den Burg wrote (reordered)
On Wednesday 28 September 2005 20:10, Gleb Paharenko wrote:
Martijn van den Burg wrote:

Hi list,

After the most recent reboot (which we used to increase the
ulimit/open_files_limit on our Solaris 8 machine running 4.1.10-log),
the following message has started to appear in the errorlog:

InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 2

[[...]]

> TMPDIR is not set explicitly, and the first 'fallback' directory in
> that case is '/tmp', which is accessible and has enough diskspace.
> At least, when I checked this morning.

You said this is Solaris.

AFAIK, Solaris uses the same disk area for "/tmp" and paging, so the available space for files in "/tmp" may vary even without files being manipulated.

I propose you set TMPDIR to point to some other disk area.

HTH,
Jörg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com