Incoming from s. keeling:
> Incoming from Pooly:
> > 2005/10/3, s. keeling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > I'd like to add a bit of history data to a table (who changed a record
> > > last, and when it was last changed).  Is this the way to do it?
> > > [snip]
> > >    alter table MEMBERS
> > >        alter CHG_DATE set default CURRENT_DATE
> >
> > btw, you could do :

Grr.  Please, what's wrong with this?!?

  alter table MEMBERS
     alter MEMBER_INFO varchar(160);

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual \
   that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right \
   syntax to use near 'varchar(160)' at line 2

The field exists, but I'd like it to accept more chars.

Debian/Gnu Linux Testing/Etch, MySQL 4.0

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -
For the ChiComms: democracy     human rights     Taiwan Independence