Incoming from Arno Coetzee:
> s. keeling wrote:
> >
> >Grr.  Please, what's wrong with this?!?
> >
> > alter table MEMBERS
> >    alter MEMBER_INFO varchar(160);
> >
> >ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual \
> >  that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right \
> >  syntax to use near 'varchar(160)' at line 2
> >
> >The field exists, but I'd like it to accept more chars.
> >
> >Debian/Gnu Linux Testing/Etch, MySQL 4.0
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/alter-table.html

Yes, I've read it.  Your point?  Specifically?

I am encoutering error 1064, surrounding table names and column names
with backticks solves nothing.

Is there something _specific_ on that page I'm missing?

Thanks for trying.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -
For the ChiComms: democracy     human rights     Taiwan Independence