Hello,
I'm trying to change the location where mysql.sock is written on server startup from
/tmp to another location.  I've discovered that, on machine (solaris 8; mysql
v.3.22.32) reboot, that the /tmp directory changes it's permissions to 755 (owned by
root).  Since safe_mysqld runs as mysql user, I need to change /tmp to 777 and
manually launch safe_mysqld.  The sysadmins don't want to mess with the default /tmp
permissions; since I don't want to be paged in the middle of the night if the box goes
down, I want to have mysql.sock go somewhere else.

I changed the $MYSQL_UNIX_PORT location in safe_mysqld from /tmp/mysql.sock to the new
location.  When I fire up the safe_mysqld script, the mysql server log file shows that
mysqld started OK and is ready for connections.  The web server gives internal
configuration error messages; the web server log isn't any help -- it just gives
'premature termination of script headers' message by the script that I called.

I looked at the permissions for mysql.sock at each location.  Both were rwxrwxrwx   1
mysql    other          0 May  9 12:56 /tmp/mysql.sock.

As I don't know what to do next, I'd appreciate any advice about this...

Thanks,
Brian