From: C.F. Scheidecker Antunes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:45 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: SQL statement help

Hello All,

I have two MySQL 4.1 tables. The first table has an ID field which is set to
zero. The second one has ID fields and filenames.

I need a single SQL statement to set the ID from table 1 to the ID from
table 2 ONLY IF the ID on one is zero.
That is, if the ID on table one is not set (still equal to zero), grab the
ID from table2 where the num of table2 is equal to table1.

table one
- Title
- num
- ID (set to zero initially)

table two
- num
- ID
- filename

SET table1.ID = <someID> if table1.ID EQUAL to zero.
Set the ID on table1 from the table 2 where the num on table 2 equals the
num on table1 only if the ID on table 1 is zero.

Thank you in advance,

C.F.