Hi,

I found this morning that the slave replication thread seem to have hung.
Below I have pasted in my show slave status, it seems to be stuck trying to
connect to the master.
To fix this I issued a stop slave and start slave, my slave is about 3 weeks
behind now.

I have a script checking for when the replication fails but that does not
include this type problem. Is this a bug in replication or do I need to
update my script to check for this ?

I'm running version 4.1.12 on Redhat AS3.

Many Thanks

Marvin.

 mysql> show slave status\G
             Slave_IO_State: Reconnecting after a failed master event read
                Master_Host: prdmysql01.prd.lastminute.com
                Master_User: web
                Master_Port: 3306
              Connect_Retry: 60
            Master_Log_File: prdmysql01-bin.000118
        Read_Master_Log_Pos: 15561995
             Relay_Log_File: prdmysql02-relay-bin.000001
              Relay_Log_Pos: 80882143
      Relay_Master_Log_File: prdmysql01-bin.000118
           Slave_IO_Running: Yes
          Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
            Replicate_Do_DB:
        Replicate_Ignore_DB: