Thanks guys!

J.R.

-----Original Message-----
From: JamesDR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:21 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: MSSQL-MySQL Compatibility Question

J.R. Bullington wrote:
> Hi All,
>       Quick question -- I have a client who co-owns a server with me. I am

> a die-hard MySQL guy, they are MSSQL. They have some proprietary
> Access-frontend/MSSQL-backend financial system that they want to
> continue to use (i.e. pigheaded and won't convert).
>
> Can MS-SQL and MySQL run on the same box and not conflict with each
> other? I don't have the SQL disks in front of me to test and I was
> wondering if anyone else ran into this situation.
>
> Box is a Quad Xeon 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB Ultra3 SCSI Raid.
>
> Thanks!
> J.R.

I have MSSQL + MySQL on the same box here, no issues with that... My server
is hardly "Big Iron" or "Small Iron" by any reach:
P3 933 1GB Ram, SCSI160 non-raid ;-D More memory, if you can do it, is
better... (roll on new server...)

Best thing to look at is your current load, if you are pushing the limits,
adding another RDBMS may cripple that box. As far as negative interaction,
I've seen none.

--
Thanks,
James