Hi, I am trying to run mysqldump on a bugzilla database that is stored on a
remote server. I have access to that shared folder
and I have no problem backing up with MySQL Admin. With mysqldump using a batch
file (Windows) I get the following:
mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'bugs01'@'XP0406OEM' (using password: YES) when trying to connect

XP0406OEM is my PC. If I change the password argument to -p='password-name' the
error is a 1044 'Acess denied message
for user 'bugs01'@'%' to database server when selecting the server.' If this
means anything.
I map the shared folder to my S drive and I run the windows batch file below. If anyone can help I'd by thankful. S:
cd MySQL Server 4.1\bin
mysqldump --add-drop-table=S:\MySQL Server 4.1\backup bugs -u john01
-p'password'
-h bugzilla.xxx.com --port 3306
pause

you need to grant a connect on that database to your machine eg

grant all on bugs.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'password'

flush privileges