wang shuming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/31/2005 01:11:06 AM:

> Hi,
> How could run mysqld-nt.exe in background on win2000/XP, not as a
service of
> windows.
> mysqld-nt.exe --console alway show a dos/ text window .
> Regards!
> Shuming Wang
> Xtech Company limited
> Room 17G,17/F,Plaza 2, Tiancheng Building,No 96 Longkouxi Road, Tianhe
> Guangzhou,Guangdong,China
> http://www.xtech.com.cn http://www.87595959.com
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> QQ:370783763 , MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Tel:86-20-87595959---2001,2002
> Fax:86-20-87576779

Windows does not do "background" execution like the *-nix operating
systems do. Sorry, it's just one of those things that Bill didn't think
would be useful in HIS operating system. AFAIK, there has never, ever,
been a Windows (or DOS) command or command modifier to launch an
executable in the background and I have been a Windows(DOS) user since the
mid 80's. I believe I would have probably run across it a long time ago if
it existed.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine