Hi!

Hello

I would like to ask about struct ST_SCHEMA_TABLE found in sql\tables.h (version mysql-5.0.13-rc. If I am correct this struct didn't exist in early 5.0 versions).

ST_SCHEMA_TABLE introduced in 5.0.3. This struct holds the information about
information_schema(I_S) tables(see sql_show.cc, ST_SCHEMA_TABLE schema_tables[] array).

What does this struct represent? I can't make it out :( I found it in make_join_statistcs in the first for:
    if (tables->schema_table)
      table->file->records= 2;

It's used to skip optimization of I_S tables. After otimization
I_S tables are filled with data and the count of records is fixed to
real value (see sql_select.cc, JOIN::exec() and sql_show.cc, get_schema_tables_result()).

if we have this schema_table then the records of the table are two.
The ST_SCHEMA_TABLE * TABLE_LIST::schema_table has the comment "information_schema table"

Regards,
Gluh