Its been a while since i've dealt much with MySQL permissions, but do you need
to explicitly state 'localhost' as the machine in some circumstances.

The other thing i thought of is a guess, as i don't program Java, but have had
an analogous problem using Perl. It it possible that Java is dealing with the
passwords using the old password scheme and the server has the passwords in
the new scheme (or the other way around)?

Just a couple guesses that are probably incorrect.

--
Sean Peters
Senior Programmer, WIREData Inc.

"The software required Windows 2000 or better, so i Downloaded Linux"