> The tables are fine when opened on linux.  Is there something called as
changing of ownership of tables in NT.  I have used the standard binary
version for windows.

I haven't used the NT version but wouldn't the normal GRANT and REVOKE
statements fill your needs?

> 3.23.37.
>
> Is it possible that some of the files can be corrupt?  When I write the
query as
> select count(*) from table_name I get the total no of records. Or I can
say those tables that are having only the int value work fine.  Anyways the
ismchk is a problem and it gives me the same error.  If I create the tables
in the default format , the data can be seen.

Well, I've heard on the list that files can corrupt.  What did you do for
them to corrupt?  Running ismchk on myism tables would have a very high
chance of corrupting them, I would say.  Is that what you're trying to do?
If so, please read the manual for correct usage of ismchk and myismchk.

> please look into this problem.
>
> Thanks

But division by zero error means that the application tries to divide by
zero, and i would assume it's the app, not the hardware in this case (or a
tricky incompatible system library).

> Is this own compiled mysql or did you use the standard binaries? Have you
tried to reproduce the problem with another version of mysql or tried to
reproduce on another platform?

> I think the development team would like to have the table for testing, so
make 'n' zip a copy of it before trying to repair (if table does not contain
confidential information of course).