Hello.

Have a look here:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/data-size.html

You can freely download a sample character about data types

from perfect book (MySQL 3-d edition):

  http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=374690

You said that you're going to TEXT fields, may be you should be

aware of this quote from:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-cluster-limitations.html

" Text indexes are not supported."

       <___/   www.mysql.com