Hi guys:

I know this question have been asked many times but I still get no solution.

I have a database with thousands of rows which by mistake was imported in the
wrong way and all the spanish characters went wrong. For example the letter 'á'
appears like 'Ãf¡'. The problem is that I am trying to recover this database
and have tried all the possible collations and no one results, and also cannot
export this database again because I have dropped it, and have only the dump
file.

Does any body has any advice to correct this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro.

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an
idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas"
--George Bernard Shaw--