Hi Marc,

I would be a bit suspicious of the version of zlib or something similar.
If it has only been compiled with a 32bit compiler, this could be
causing an artificial limit of 2Gb on a pointer.

The ARCHIVE engine uses the zlib for its compression, that comes with
mysql. I am presuming if it has been compiled in 32bit mode that a
pointer or two maybe overflowing.

These are just thoughts as I can't really find any reason in your logs
as to why this should be happening. Do you have a ulimit set for the
user? This could be constricting your file growth to 2Gb.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator
HP Managed Services