From: Anthony Ettinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: optimizing mysqldump
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:44:02 -0800

I'm using the typical --opt with mysqldump, over the internet.

the problem I'm having is the dump takes 30 mins or so, and during that
time, every table in the db is locked (so as not to throw it out of sync).

How can I optmize this? I'm trying to come up with a centralized database
backup tool, and I do not have direct access to the database server to run
it locally.

--
Anthony Ettinger
hCard: http://chovy.dyndns.org/hcard.html