I'm having big problems installing MySQL 3.23.36 on Red Hat 6.2.  I've read
some other accounts of the same problem in the archives.  I've tried all the
fixes there and nothing works.  I've tried removing all files and starting
fresh, changing ownerships, privs, etc.  What's happening and how do I fix
it?

Some people have said to make sure the privs and ownerships are right.  What
should they be?  Could anything else be causing this?

Thank you,
  Ryan