What you want is 'foreign keys', a feature which MySQL does not support.
It's on the TODO list though...

If you really wanted, you could scan table B periodically and update the
Table A definition, but this is a very hack-ish way of doing it. You
probably want to do all this work in your API (ie, read Table B to verify
the integrity of Table A.)

-Kevin

--On Sunday, May 13, 2001 4:11 PM -0400 Carl Miller