Hello.

> Strangely, this problem does not appear when mysqld is restarted and I

> retry the query. When I wait a day, the error starts to appear again.

It seems like a memory leak. However we can't be sure, may be due some

coincidence memory is thrilled by client threads. In my opinion your

first step should be upgrade to 4.1.16. Use MySQL from ports collection,

and if the problem still exists, check if it disappears with official

binaries. Then decrease sizes of different buffers.

> Strangely, this problem does not appear when mysqld is restarted and I

Check if error repeats after FLUSH TABLES.

       <___/   www.mysql.com