hi

Im quite new to mysql and i bought a book to learn how to work with mysql (php and mysql for dummies...lol). The first problem i have is probably easy to solve but i don't know how.

I did exactly like in the book and i set up my web server(it was already set since i run a website for a long time now), mysql and php last. After that, the book told me to create 2 files called test.php and mysql_up.php to test php and mysql. So far, i could see the files in the browser but as soon as i enter back all the content of my website in the web server (i run apache 2), i could not see the php files anymore. Now, if i enter the adress www.mysite.com/mysql_up.php or localhost/mysql_up.php, it always redirect me to the home page of the website.

Can someone tell me what i missed ? I guess the probelm lies in the configuration file of the apache server, but i dont know what to change.

thanks a lot !