>Is there a limit to the number of inner join statements within an sql
>statement.  I am using the following statement:
>
>SELECT DISTINCT suburb_def.Suburb, church_location.Name, church_location.URL
>
>     FROM (suburb_def
>     INNER JOIN church_location ON suburb_def.ID = church_location.Suburb)
>     INNER JOIN (neighbour_def
>     INNER JOIN suburb_map ON neighbour_def.ID = suburb_map.Neighbour) ON
>suburb_def.ID = suburb_map.Node
>     WHERE ((suburb_map.Node) = $suburb)
>     ORDER BY suburb_def.Suburb, church_location.Name;
>
>This seems to return an invalid result set when called from a php script
>
>Regards,
>
>Tim Lokot

Sir, you can't use a nested join between INNER JOIN and ON. The only
thing that can go between INNER JOIN and ON is a table name. With
inner joins, it doesn't matter what order the tables on joined in.
Rewrite your FROM clause so that you always have 'INNER JOIN <table
name> ON'. Or you can replace the INNNER JOINs with commas and move
the ON conditions to the WHERE clause.

Bob Hall

Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak
MySQL list magic words: sql query database