I am looking for different views about this
I have a few question about Granting privileges to a user

1. Do you have to give them GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,
DELETE,CREATE,REFERENCES,DROP,INDEX,ALTER for them to use
their database?

2. Is it best to give them the least amount of privileges?

3. Is this the best way to do it were this gives no privileges in the
user database and all the privileges in the db database
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,REFERENCES,DROP,INDEX,ALTER ON
$userdatabase.* TO '$newuser'@'$domaname' IDENTIFIED BY '$newuserpass'

4. How would I wright this to give them privileges in the host
database.

For your information I have read the Manual a number of times I am
just looking for other views.

Best regards,
 Richard
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]