From: Loretta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GRANT

Hi.  I am the only user of MySQL in a Win98 environment.  I am developing an
ASP front end to access the database to add, update and delete records in
the database for a Church.  I am having problems with the connection to the
database.  I am able to connect to the database and print out the fields in
a table with no difficulty.  However, I am not able to add any records let
alone delete or update records through the front end.

I believe my difficulty lies in the need to:  grant select, insert, delete,
create, drop on database.* to person@localhost identified by 'password';

The problem is in order to do this as per the manual I have to get the
shell> prompt which I so far have not be able to do so that I can issue the
following command: mysql --user = root mysql and then issue the grant
command.

Could someone please tell me how to get to the shell> prompt in a windows
environment?  I recognize shell> from my limited exposure to UNIX, but am
not familiar with it in windows.  I need to know which directory to go to do
the required tasks.  I have no problems getting into \mysql\bin to create
databases and tables.

Thank-you for any help.

Loretta