Hi,

Did anybody ever benchmark heap-tables against a cluster?
I have a table with 900.000 rows (40 fields, CHARs, INTs and DOUBLEs,
Avg_row_length=294) that gets around 600 updates/sec (grouped in about 12
extended inserts a minute inserting/updating 3000 rows each).
This is currently a HEAP-table (and get replicated onto a slave, too). I
experience locking-problems on both the master and the slave, queries that
usually respond within 0.0x seconds suddenly hang and take 10 seconds or
sometimes even longer.
I wonder if a cluster setup would give me any speedup in this issue? I will be
doing some benchmarking myself next week, but It would be very helpful if
anybody could share experiences with me so I don't have to start from
scratch... It is difficult and very time-consuming to set up a test-suite
comparable to our production systems... Any tips will help! Thanks!

regards
Jan