At 11:09 am -0500 3/2/06, sheeri kritzer wrote:
>The manual is large and vast, I couldn't find the text you quoted on
>the page I sent. What page did you find that text on?

It's the latter part of the second sentence from the same paragraph that you
quoted in your e-mail.

>As well, if the key that EXPLAIN uses is multi-part, you would know
>from the length of the fields.  You have to use some deductive
>reasoning, but I don't think it's really murky....*shrug*

If you have a key combined from different integer column types and text columns
then it's not very clear what the relationship between a multi-part key and
key_len is. From what the manual says I initially assumed that key_len simply
represented the number off key parts used. I don't think a manual suffers from
things being spelt out more clearly!

James Harvard