From: stephane parenton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 10:43 PM
To: Andy Woo
Cc: 'mysql'
Subject: Re: upgrade from SUSE7.0

Andy Woo wrote:

> I have the same problem.  Whatsssup?  :-)

> /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'breguet' failed
> error: 'Host 'breguet.experia.com' is not allowed to connect to this
> MySQL server'
>
> what can I do to solve this ?...

I don't know.... i removed the things, and tried to install the 3.23.38
release instead, my the problem is not solved.... I've tried every thing
to get connected, but nothing went right.... I could do a mysqladmin
version, and the answer was correct, but
no connection... So, I re-install the whole box (it's a test box...) in
order to see if i was wrong somewhere, and where i could have messed
things up.... but I'm curious to find an answer...

Stephane