Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 8:00 PM
Subject: Lock wait timeout exceeded during concurrent inserts on an InnoDB table....

Concurrent inserts (there also may be concurrent reads going on) are
intermittently causing:

java.sql.SQLException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try
restarting transaction=20

I noticed that adding innodb_table_locks=3D0 in my.ini fixes the =
problem.
Looking through the manual however, this should only be a problem when I
am using LOCK_TABLE, but there is no where in my code that I use this.
Do some queries implicitly add LOCK_TABLE? Is there a way to disable
innodb_table_locks when I create my database or in some JDBC property so
I don't require users to modify their my.ini files?

FWIW, I'm guessing this is a bug; i.e. hat innodb_table_locks controls=20
more than just the locking behavior of an explicit LOCK TABLE.

R.