When 5.0 came out, I saw an article or white paper or something with an
example of a stored procedure (I think, maybe a trigger) that allowed
you to transparently encrypt a column so that even if a database backup
was stolen, that column wouldn't be exposed to the thieves.  I believe
that the example was for a SSN or credit card number.  Now that I want
it, I can't find it again.  I've searched MySQL.com without success.
Does anyone else remember it?  Can someone point me to it?  Thanks.

                                                   Chris