I do not use Innodb tables at the moment, so all this is
pure speculation.

Is/was the server connected to a UPS when the power failure
happened?

If so, did the UPS function properly and do you have any UPS
logs to match against the mysql error log?

Things to check for would be the time the UPS took over from
the mains supply?

If there was no UPS in operation, were your InnoDB tables
corrupted when the power failure occured.

Is it possible for the InnoDB tables to have become so
corrupted that mysql had no alternative but to re-construct
the tables?

What are your config settings for mysql at boot up time?
Do you have any directives to force checking of InnoDB
tables at boot-time, and if so what are they please?

As soon as you mentioned 'power failure' the words 'table
corruption' sprang to my mind.

Also, are there any mysql transaction logs (*.log) you can
check, to see what was happening when the power outage
occured?

Keith

In practice they are not.