Hi James,

I would like to be able to bind to a host name, rather than
an IP number.  IP numbers come and go, and are beyond the
control of anyone who doesn't have their own direct allocation. But since I own my domain, a host name is more permanent.

Adding this functionality is fairly trivial, with the caveat that it will have to use the first address returned by gethostbyname(), so if you have multiple IPs assigned to a hostname (for e.g. round-robin DNS) it will be "interesting". :)

This is probably a 5-10 line patch, including error checking.

Regards,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Cole