On 2/24/06, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to send an email from outlook to a DB so
> it updates a record. I have a php tipping script hosted with  a mysql DB but
> would like users to email their tips instead of loggin on the site.
>
> Mark

Well, no, DBs are not email handlers, unless you tell your MTA for
example to handle the email and update the DB. I mean, you can do it,
if you have access to your server and/or someone really likes you at
your provider... :)

Keep in mind that login and forms are secure compared to an email, how
would it check its from one of your users? How could you be sure the
content would be just text? Users screw things up, what if he sends
you a whole book in the email, or an atachment?

You would need a whole system to do that with no riscs... If you have
dedicated hosting, you can do it, else, I doubt any ISP would allow
it...

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil