On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

} [snip]
} Does anyone have any suggestions? The mysql server [and client] are
} running under Linux. The products_description field is a 'text' type. If
}
} there's further info you need, please let me know.
} [/snip]
}
} Are you using REPLACE(column_name, '\t', ' ') ?

I thought I had put an example of the SQL syntax in my e.mail, but yes, I
have tried it with both single and double quotes:

update products_description set products_description =
replace(`products_description`,"\t"," ") where products_id = "37";

and

update products_description set products_description =
replace(`products_description`,'\t',' ') where products_id = "37";

For right now, I am only doing this on one record, for testing, but when I
get the syntax right, the where clause will be removed. Currently, mysql
reports:

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

regardless if I use single quotes or double quotes in the replace() call.

Thanks for your quick reply!

/vjl/