On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Price, Randall wrote:

} Try the following:
}
} REPLACE(products_description, CHAR(9), " ")

Thanks, Randall, that did it. And I feel quite stupid, as well, because I
re-checked my two test entries [33 and 37] and both had had their tabs
removed at some point. So it turns out that my original,
replace(products_description, '\t', ' ') *did* work, I was just testing it
on two rows that had multiple spaces in a row, but not tabs.

But for the archives and future posts - the CHAR(9) worked as did the
single quoted \t.

Thanks for all your help, everyone. Much appreciated!

/vjl/