Hi all,

Just want to share and confirm my findings on a performance issue I've been experiencing.

My database is strictly non-transactional, but it's got about 200,000 records in this particular table. The table has a primary index, and 2 integers - one for the date and the other for the time. Among the other fields there's a text field which usually stores a huge amount of text.

One thing I notice, is that under MyISAM running the following sql:
select id from mytable where id in (#subselect to extract a set of ids)
order by mydate desc, mytime desc

The time taken is really bad, like > 90 secs. But in InnoDB it is usually <8 secs. The time difference is too crazy to ignore.

Can anyone explain this? Is there something in InnoDB that creates the magic?