Dear All,

I had some issues in past with timestamp fields as a result I am unable to
upgrade to mysql 4.1 version.  I am sure below the query recommended by Josh
works with 4.1 or above. Would it be possible to rewrite this query for 3.23
version?

Again, thank you Josh and all others for your kind help and comments.

Josh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Here's one method:

SELECT cl1.list_name, count(*) as count
FROM customerList cl1
WHERE cl1.id IN (SELECT cl2.id FROM customerList cl2
WHERE cl2.list_name='CA10')
and cl1.list_name != 'CA10'
GROUP BY cl1.list_name

--- Yesmin Patwary wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> We have 12 customer lists: CA01, CA02, ….,CA12.
>
> Table: customerList
> +-----------+------+
> | list_name | id |
> +-----------+------+
> | CA10 | 20BE |
> | CA07 | 20BE |
> | CA11 | 20BE |
> | CA03 | 20BE |
> | CA10 | NQCR |
> | CA04 | NQCR |
> | CA02 | MVYK |
> | CA10 | 0BEC |
> | …AND SO ON. |
> +-----------+------+
>
> Each list has 25 to 350 customers. Same
> customer_id may exist in multiple lists. We need to
> compare CA10 list customer_id’s with other 11 lists
> to find matching id count by list_name. The query
> output should be something similar below:
> +------+-----------+
> | list_name |count |
> +------+-----------+
> | CA05 | 60 |
> | CA07 | 42 |
> | CA01 | 35 |
> | CA03 | 28 |
> | CA09 | 15 |
> | …AND SO ON… |
>
> Can this be done with a SELECT statement without
> using perl or php?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Yahoo! Mail