I complied MySQL as a max binary. However when I gave all the variables for
InnoDB in the my.cnf startup file it seems that InnoDB gets initialized for
the first time only. With mysqld going fine, I try to connect using the
client and the server with it on really seems sluggish. I put in the
password and then it just seems to hang there. I'm not put in to the client
prompt at all. If I reboot the server and safe_mysqld tries to bring the
database back up, the error:

InnoDB: Error: data file /web/mysql/data/ibdata1 is of different size
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file!
InnoDB: Could not open data files
010515 19:39:10  Can't init databases
010515 19:39:10  mysqld ended

crops up and as you see, the database dies. The database files are residing
on a LVM ReiserFS. Could this be the problem? Is InnoDB not compatible with
LVM or ReiserFS? If it helps the kernel build is 2.4.2. Until then I'm stuck
using BDB.

Thanks,

Jamie Krasnoo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]