Keith Lee wrote:

there is one link error
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other libs; use
/NODEFAULTLIB:library
In the settings if i do as it says above, i get over 200 errors!! so i revert
back.

Visual C++ is very picky about the way programs are built when linked against third-party libraries. Those libraries have to be built using the exact same build settings: whether to use multithreading or not, whether to use the dynamic C runtime library or the static one, whether to use Unicode or not, etc... If you get one of these wrong, you can get all kinds of havoc.

Study the project settings for MySQL++ and either change them to match your program's build settings, or vice versa.

the crash error is "abnormal program termination"

Wrap the Connection object creation in a try block. MySQL++ may be throwing an exception. An uncaught exception kills the program.

P.S. You do realize that you can get the entry level version of Visual Studio 2005 for free right now, don't you? Then you will be able to use the current version of MySQL++, so we can offer you better support. We're not picking on Visual C++ here. We don't support eight year old versions of GCC, either.
--
Warren Young
Maintainer of MySQL++