I got an error 1025 trying to rename an InnoDB table. When I go to look in the database now, that table isn't there even though there is a .ibd file in the mysql data directory with the target name. If I try to create a table with the target name (as an InnoDB table), I get error 1005. I can create it as MyISAM, however. If I try to then convert that MyISAM table to InnoDB, I get the 1025 error. I tried removing the .ibd file from the mysql data dir and that did not help.

In googling the error, it seems all solutions revolve around foreign keys, but there are no foreign keys in this table nor are there any foreign keys referencing this table.

How can I get rid of this mess?

Thanks.

David