Ah, it was an orphaned table due to a bad shutdown. Thanks.

David

On Mar 18, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Heikki Tuuri wrote:

David,

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Felio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:31 PM
Subject: Errors 1005 and 1025 - but not foreign keys

I got an error 1025 trying to rename an InnoDB table. When I go to
look in the database now, that table isn't there even though there is
a .ibd file in the mysql data directory with the target name. If I
try to create a table with the target name (as an InnoDB table), I
get error 1005. I can create it as MyISAM, however. If I try to then
convert that MyISAM table to InnoDB, I get the 1025 error. I tried
removing the .ibd file from the mysql data dir and that did not help.

In googling the error, it seems all solutions revolve around foreign
keys, but there are no foreign keys in this table nor are there any
foreign keys referencing this table.

what is the MySQL version?

Please post the error messages verbatim. If mysqld prints something to the .err log, please also post the printout. After the failing operation, run SHOW INNODB STATUS\G and post the latest foreign key error explanation in it if any.

The issue may be an orphaned table in ibdata1 which does not have an .frm file: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-troubleshooting- datadict.html

Or you may have FOREIGN KEY constraints that you are not aware of.

Deleting an .ibd file manually from the database directory never helps because the InnoDB internal data dictionary is in ibdata files.