This is not a typically thing that anyone would expect Mysql to do,
however with the application I am writing it would be helpful.  Here goes:

The application stores raw data from a satellite, along with a
configuration of how to read the data.  So of the data types are Int
Arrays and Float arrays.  Each can have conversion parameters to apply to
the data.  So I have to loop through this raw data, converting to the
correct type, and applying some convertion parameter (say multiply by .26
for a float).

So I will pass a function (a UDF function) a binary string, perform some
conversion, then I would like to return it as an array.

I know, I know, sounds like something that should be done in the
presentation layer, howerver if possible, I would like to provide common
data presentation to multiple presentation layers (written in different
languages).

So is there anyway to return an array in mysql?

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
regular duties.

David Godsey