Quoting Pete Harlan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > MySQL version 5.0.18
> > | Mar 14 00:32:59 zwart mysqld[29820]: *** glibc detected *** double
> > |                 free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000012b1ab0 ***
> You don't say which versions of glibc or the kernel you're running,
> but if you're running stock Debian Sarge, that's a problem because of
> its known-buggy glibc 2.3.2.

Sorry. I forgot about that important information.
The servers are running 2.6.15.x and Debian sid, updated to the newest
libc6 (2.3.6) available.

It does look like it was some problem with mysql's binaries on AMD64,
since after upgrading to 5.0.19 it looks to be working again.

It just apears weird to me that only this server would crash mysql :|

The other AMD64 which has the same config, same kernel, same libc6,
didn't crash. Though that mysql was only used for selects and not
inserts updates and crazy select with joins, group by's etc.

But what can the message indicate? All I got from Google was that it
probably had to do with buggy memory. But i ran memtest86+ on the server
and it had 17 passes with zero errors... :|

HTH,
Sander.